Skip to main content

My Dad's Italian Beef

My Dad has become a rather awesome cook in his retirement; this is one of his specialties that is always a hit. It's very easy and you get to use your crock-pot! Yay!!

1 3 lb beef roast (anything is fine-just not too gristly)
1 packet Italian dressing seasoning
3 cups beef broth
2 t vegeta (optional)
1 jar giardiniera*
sturdy rolls

Put all these things in a crock pot and cook on low all day (8-10 hours); shred meat with a fork and serve on rolls.

* My Dad puts the entire jar of giardiniera in (oil and all) and I can tell you that it's phenomenal! I, however, can't bring myself to dump all that oil in there so I either drain it before putting it in the crock pot or I leave it out entirely and we add it individually. This way those of us who don't like it can skip it and those of us who do can load it on like crazy. Sliced pepperocinis are also good on these sandwiches.

Comments