Skip to main content

Deviled Eggs with Bacon

I kind of have a love/hate relationship with deviled eggs- every once in a blue moon I get a yen for them but I can only eat them if I make them myself. I don't know why but they sort of gross me out otherwise... it probably has something to do with my aversion towards mayo. I buy a really small jar just for the occasion and that way I know it hasn't been sitting around the fridge indefinitely or else I make my own aioli. At any rate, these were delicious. They are adapted from a segment in Fine Cooking on variations of deviled eggs.

4 peeled hard cooked eggs, cut in half lengthwise
1 heaping tablespoon of mayo (or up to 2 T if you must)
1/2 t Dijon mustard
a dash of Tabasco
salt and pepper
1 T finely chopped parsley
2 slices chopped, cooked bacon
smoked paprika
Mash the 4 yolks with the back of a fork; add the mayo, parsley and hot sauce and mash until smooth. Add the bacon and season to taste with salt and pepper. Fill the egg whites and sprinkle with paprika.

Comments