Skip to main content

Pumpkin Pancakes

I saw this recipe in Good Housekeeping magazine while I was waiting at the dentist. I changed it just a little...

1 cup flour
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1 T baking powder
1 t pumpkin pie spice
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
3 T brown sugar
2 eggs
2 T vegetable oil
chocolate chips (optional add-in)

Mix the buttermilk, eggs, pumpkin, brown sugar and vegetable oil with a whisk in a large bowl. You can mix the dry ingredients together first if you want; I don't do this because I am too lazy and don't want an extra bowl to wash. Add the dry ingredients to the moist and whisk only until just combined. You may need to add a little more buttermilk if it's too thick. Cook the pancakes on a non-stick skillet until golden and cooked through. I liked them with the chocolate chips and without. I just sprinkled them on the individual pancake directly- that way we could have them both ways.

Comments