Skip to main content

Farro and Olive Salad with Walnuts

This is a grain salad for olive lovers. Although I'll admit I was skeptical of the outcome, the combination of flavors is very good- don't leave out the walnuts-- they really make the salad! This recipe hinges on using your absolute favorite olives in the world (in my case, the spicy olives from the Whole Foods olive bar). I did not have golden raisins, so I can't in good faith vouch for that particular ingredient but I would guess that they would enhance the salad even further. Adapted from Food and Wine magazine.

1 1/4 cups farro, cooked according to package directions and cooled
1 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
2 1/2 cups coarsely chopped olives of your choice
4 scallions, chopped
chopped chives
2 T golden raisins
1/2 t crushed red pepper
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 T lemon juice
1 T honey
salt and pepper
shaved Pecorino cheese, for serving (I forgot to do this)

Combine the EVOO, CRP, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and toss. Easy peasy!

Serve with Sauvignon Blanc.

Comments