Skip to main content

Spicy Garlic Chicken

This recipe comes from the Chicago Tribune food section; I altered it a bit mainly by greatly reducing the amount of sugar in the marinade. Leftover chicken is great sliced up in an Asian-style salad.

Marinade:
6 T Asian chili paste with garlic
1 T sugar
2 T soy sauce
2 T unseasoned rice vinegar
2 T sesame oil
6 garlic cloves, finely chopped or pressed
1 T fresh ginger, chopped in a mini food processor or grated


Mix all ingredients and pour the marinade over as many chicken breasts as you want to grill (I used all the marinade for about 3 lbs of chicken breasts). I let this marinade overnight and then grill chicken breasts for 6 minutes per side on high heat (if they are very thick I go 6 1/2 minutes).

Note: I like to trim the chicken breasts of fat and gross stuff and then, using a fork, poke a lot of holes on both sides in order for the marinade to be able to penetrate the chicken.

Comments