Skip to main content

Chicken Lettuce Wraps

This is adapted from Chrissy Teigen's book Cravings; my daughter got me this book for my birthday last year and I really really wanted to hate it!  A Sports Illustrated swimsuit model??? Really??? But I have to admit I love the recipes and she is just a damn hoot! This is delicious- low carb but you don't miss the carbs, I promise!

For the Sauce:
3 T Thai sweet chili sauce
3 T hoisin sauce
3 T soy sauce
1-2 T Sriracha (depending how hot you want it)
2 T veg oil
1 t sesame oil
1 1/2 T unseasoned rice vinegar
2 T minced garlic
1 T minced ginger (I used the paste in a tube from Trader Joe's- awesome invention BTW)

Combine ingredients.

For the Filling:
2 lbs ground chicken
3 T veg oil
1 bunch scallions, white and green separated
1 T minced garlic
1 T minced ginger (again, I used the paste)
1/2 cup finely diced water chestnuts
1 sweet red pepper, finely diced

Heat the oil in a skillet; add the white part of the green onion, the garlic and red pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes or so then add the chicken and cook over high heat, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon until cooked through. Add the sauce- I usually add about 2/3 of the sauce and reserve the rest for spooning onto the wraps. Serve with butter lettuce. Delicious!

Comments