Skip to main content

Grilled Rosemary Chicken



This recipe came from my friends (and excellent cooks) Mike and Jackie; it is a staple in our house and we never get tired of it.  I can't tell you how many people who claim to hate rosemary wind up loving this chicken; I always make extra because it is great in salads, panini sandwiches and just cold the next day. Be sure to use fresh rosemary because the dried stuff will make you feel like you're choking on pine needles!

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves trimmed of any fat and/or gross stuff
5-6 garlic cloves, minced
1 T minced fresh rosemary
1 T Dijon mustard
3-4 T lemon juice (I like it extra-lemony so I use 4 T)
1 t salt
freshly ground pepper
2 T extra-virgin olive oil

Mix all marinade ingredients with a whisk, poke lots of holes in the chicken with a fork and add them to the mixture.  You can marinade this for as little as 1 hour but it's better if you leave it all day or overnight.  I sometimes make a batch, put the chicken in it and then freeze the whole concoction so that it is ready to thaw and grill on busy days.  Let the chicken come to room temperature (about 30 minutes) before grilling. Grill this over medium-high to high heat for 6 minutes per side (we have a gas grill that is pretty hot).  No one ever believes me but 6 minutes per side is correct; if you have bodybuilder size chicken breasts, you can go for 6 minutes 30 seconds to 7 minutes but no more.  Trust me on this. 

Comments

  1. It's marinating as I type this. So happy to have the recipe as I've loved this at your house in the past!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will have to heed your stern advice and not overcook the chicken (which would really be a first for me)...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment