Skip to main content

Roasted Marinated Vegetables

I saw this in a local grocery deli case and figured I could make it myself; I thought it was really delicious but my family did not seem to share my enthusiasm. Needless to say, I ate marinated vegetables for several days at lunch and dinner!

3 zucchinis
3 yellow squash
1 small eggplant
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves of garlic, chopped (optional)
chopped parsley
1 lemon, juiced
3 T EVOO
salt and pepper to taste
balsamic vinegar for drizzling, if desired
parmesan cheese (optional)

Slice the vegetables on the diagonal about 1/4" thick. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil spray oil (or you can lightly oil the pan). Lay as many vegetable slices as you can on the pan and spray with olive oil spray (or brush with EVOO); salt and pepper the vegetables generously and broil them until nicely charred; flip them over and do the other side as well. Remove them to a platter and repeat the process until you have broiled all the vegetables. Whisk the lemon juice with the EVOO and drizzle over the vegetables. Sprinkle them with the chopped garlic (optional) and parsley. You can drizzle them with balsamic vinegar if you like (my husband did not like) or just leave them in the lemon juice/olive oil dressing. You can also throw a little parmesan cheese on top- it adds a nice flavor.

Comments