Skip to main content

Wonton Chips

This recipe comes from my friend April who made it for Bunco at her house; I modified it slightly by adding pesto to the oil.  These are so easy to make and are always quite a hit. You can and should make these earlier in the day (even the day before if it isn't humid); they will crisp up as they cool.

1 package wonton wrappers (available in the produce section of the grocery)
extra-virgin olive oil for brushing (around 1/2 cup but don't hold me to that figure- add more as needed)
2 heaping teaspoons pesto mixed into the olive oil
shredded parmesan cheese
garlic salt

Preheat oven to 400ยบ; brush 2 rimmed baking sheets with the EVOO/pesto mixture. Cut the wonton skins diagonally to form triangles. Lay the triangles on the baking sheets (try to fit as many as you can by reforming them into squares with just a little gap between). Brush them with the EVOO and pesto mixture, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and garlic salt. Bake these for 5-7 minutes; I did 7 minutes exactly but each oven is different. Watch them carefully after about 4 minutes because they can burn pretty quickly; I also rotated the tray after 4 minutes. You have to do this in batches; I baked one tray at a time while I prepared the other tray. Easy, quick and unbelievably delicious.

Comments