Skip to main content

Strawberry Watermelon Margarita

This margarita and I have a long and glorious history together; it is probably my all-time favorite margarita ever and is a great way to use up all that extra watermelon you tend to have in the summer. I like to make little margarita freezer packages that consist of enough watermelon and strawberries per ziplock freezer bag for exactly one blender full of margarita. The great thing about this particular recipe is that the frozen fruit replaces the ice thus no watering down of your drink! Clever! Originally from Gourmet (R.I.P-- I miss you) magazine.

3 cups frozen cubed watermelon
1 cup frozen, quartered strawberries
3/4 c tequila
1/3 c triple sec
1/3 c freshly squeezed lime juice (I also freeze this in 1/3 cup increments so that I can bust out this delightful drink any ole time I want)
2 T sugar
pinch of salt
Puree in blender and enjoy your grown-up slushie.

Comments