Skip to main content

Chile-Garlic Shrimp

I had told my good friend Julie about making these shrimp and how the recipe advised using a cazuela; not having one, I used my trusty cast iron skillet, but lo and behold-- Julie gave me a cazuela for my birthday! So the next time I make this it will be in my brand new, beautiful cazuela. Thank you Julie! Adapted from Saveur magazine.

3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
10 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
4-6 fresh red Thai chiles (I couldn't find these fresh so I used Fresno peppers and chopped them)
1 1/2 lb raw medium shrimp, peeled and with the tails removed (I forgot to follow this direction)
2 T chopped parsley
good crusty bread for dipping into the yummy, garlicky, shrimpy oil

Heat the cazuela or large cast iron pan on the grill over high heat; add the EVOO, garlic and chiles. Cook until garlic is fragrant. Add the shrimp, salt and pepper and cook, stirring until shrimp are no longer pink (2-3 minutes). Stir in the parsley and serve with the best bread you can find and a nice white wine.

Comments