Skip to main content

Peach, Arugula and Radicchio Salad with Feta


There is a nice juxtaposition of bitter and sweet in this simple salad. The recipe is adapted from Rachel Ray magazine; I used fresh mozzarella in this case because I had a few balls of it that needed to be used up. I served the salad with a panini sandwich but I think it would go quite well with grilled pork tenderloin.

2 T extra-virgin olive oil
1 T tangerine balsamic vinegar (any balsamic would be fine-- our local shop has chocolate balsamic vinegar which I bet would be awesome in this salad)
good pinch of salt
freshly ground pepper
1 peach, thinly sliced
2 T chopped red onion or shallot
handful of arugula
1 small head of radicchio, leaves torn into manageable pieces
feta cheese (or fresh mozzarella)

Whisk the EVOO, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Add the red onion or shallot and let it sit while prepping the rest of the salad. Add remaining ingredients and toss. 

Comments